An existing GEBman / ProOffice application can be updated using the update tool. This requires the deployment of the new version.
Info: Customfiles must be updated independently.
Note: Please make a backup of your database before the update.
The UpdateTool.exe must be executed in the new deployment under "ProOffice_xxx> Tools > UpdateTool":
- Copy deployment to any folder and unpack it (e.g. Desktop/ C\Temp).
- Stop AppPool of the application
- Execute the exe-file as administrator
- The next step is to select the source folder, the new deployment.
- Then select the target folder, which should be updated
- Click on Update-Files
- If the update is done, next to the button "Update-Files" you will see the comment, Update OK
- All files have been updated, except for the custom files - these still have to be updated in the next step
- Start AppPool