Please follow the steps below in order to synchronize WebOffice usermanagement users from a staging profile to a productive profile via scheduled tasks.
Create a shortcut of ArcMap.exe
Send a shortcut of the ArcMap.exe (by default in C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin) to any directory.
Add the call parameters for synchronizing the WebOffice usermanagement users
Open the properties of the shortcut of the ArcMap.exe and add the following parameters into to target field:
- dummy - the dummy parameter is needed in the call, no matter how it is named
- 1 - 1 is the number of the task to be done (currently only 1 is available - 1 means Synchronize users)
- source profile - this is the name of the source profile (staging profile) defined in WebOffice author
- target profile - this is the name of the target profile (productive profile) define in WebOffice author
- s - an optional fifth parameter 's' to activate the silent mode (without message boxes)
Note: The silent mode is useful when the Windows task scheduler is used.
An example of a target defined in the properties of the shortcut file could look like:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\ArcGIS\Desktop10.3\bin\ArcMap.exe" dummy 1 "WebOffice (Staging)" "WebOffice (Productiv)" s
Add parameters to the target of ArcMap.exe
Note: Please make sure, that source and target profile have valid connection to the WebOffice usermanagement.
Note: Please use apostrophes when using parameters with blank, e.g. "Source Profile".
Run the synchronize task
To run the synchronize task there are two possibilities:
1) Open the shortcut file of ArcMap.exe
When opening the shortcut file of ArcMap.exe you will get several infos for synchronizing the WebOffice usermanagement users.
Info when starting ArcMap.exe
2) Define automatic tasks to run the ArcMap.exe periodically
To organize a periodically update of the WebOffice usermanagement users you can create a task in your windows task scheduler where to run the shortcut file automatically in certain periods.
Automatic task in the windows task scheduler
Note: You will find more details on how to synchronize users manually in chapter User Management Database.