When using ePaper Reports and ArcGIS Pro based map services some restrictions have to be considered. See the restrictions in the use of ArcGIS Pro based services in our manual article.
In the following section we will show you in a few steps how to use custom_pages\generate_epaper.jsp to use parameterised WebOffice ePaper calls via ScriptAPI and how to play ePaper reports also on ArcGIS Pro based map services.
- Put all topics you need ePaper reports of into a single ArcMap based map service and add it to the map collection.
Tip: Name this minimally different from that of your ArcGIS Pro map service. This map service also never needs to be visible in a map view or in the theme tree.
- Configure an external connection with generate_epaper.jsp on the respective ArcGIS Pro based map service.
- Add the parameter template= and the identifier of the template to the base URL.
- Add the HTTP parameter name oids to the key set.
- Configure the key (e.g. the OBJECTID) and add the corresponding result field if necessary.
Tip: To prevent a pop-up window from opening when the ePaper report is called up, a hidden iFrame can be added in this step:
Now the ePaper reports can be configured to the ArcMap-based service in the usual way.