In case of performance problems in WebOffice projects, fundamental points on the system should always be checked first:
- Are the minimum system requirements met?
- Processor, hard disk, RAM, graphics card
- This link can be used to check whether the machine can run ArcGIS.
- Does the problem occur with all data sources?
- Does the problem occur on other machines as well?
- What happens if another user logs on to the same machine?
- The Windows-/Esri user profile could be corrupted.
- Can the same problem be detected with a local file geodatabase?
- Is a virus scanner always active?
- The virus scanner should not constantly check every file access.
- In case of performance issues of the WebOffice author standalone the directory %APPDATA%\VertiGIS\WebOfficeAuthorStandalone should be excluded from the virus scan.
- Are old device drivers used?
- Are old software versions (ArcGIS, WebOffice + components) used?
Note: More information and suggestions for improvement on this subject can be found in the chapter performance and its subchapters.