VertiGIS Studio Web uses Esri's web map specification to configure what you want your users to see and do in your Web apps.
If you have an existing Geocortex Essentials site, you can save a lot of time and effort by migrating your Geocortex Essentials configuration to a web map. We have created an Export Web Map tool that can be added to an Essentials viewer that can publish a new web map to ArcGIS Online or your Portal for ArcGIS that contains the services, layers, and some applicable configuration from your Essentials site.
Export your Configuration
To use this tool, perform the following steps:
- Configure Essentials to use ArcGIS Online or your Portal for ArcGIS as the sign-in method. This is what grants us access to create private content in ArcGIS Online or your Portal. For information on configuring Essentials to use ArcGIS Online or Portal as the sign-in method, refer to the topic Choose a Method to Sign In to Manager in the Essentials installation help.
- Add the tool to an Essentials viewer, launch the viewer, and run the tool. To do this, follow the instructions in the topic ExportWebMap Module in the Essentials Administrator help.
- If the export was successful, you may now reference the generated web map in your VertiGIS Studio configuration.
- If the Save to ArcGIS button is greyed out, ensure you are signed in to the viewer as a user with creator access. Creators are able to add items to their Portal or ArcGIS Online using the Add Items button: https://doc.arcgis.com/en/arcgis-online/manage-data/add-items.htm
- If the export operation fails, remove any Command Hyperlinks that may be in your feature description, feature long description, or other links in the viewer. These links are not supported by the export tool at this time.
- Token Secured ArcGIS Server services will result in users of the exported web map item being prompted for ArcGIS Server credentials.
- Unfortunately the credentials are not able to be embedded with the layer when exported from Essentials using the tool.
- The Export Web Map tool is best used when your Essentials map services come from ArcGIS Online or from a federated ArcGIS Portal.