VertiGIS provides a platform for secure data exchange at https://transfer.vertigis.com.
For the subsequent login process, a username (e-mail address) and a password are required, as well as an authentication app on the smartphone for 2-factor authentication using a one-time password. They will receive the password by e-mail after requesting access via the following form. Prerequisite is the registration in the VertiGIS Help Center.
- Go to https://transfer.vertigis.com in the browser
- Log in with user name (the e-mail address) and password (was emailed to you).
- Start the Authenticator app (e.g. MS Authenticator) on your smartphone, scan the QR code and enter the code displayed in the orange input field:
After entering the security code, click the blue button "Setup Complete (Continue...)" on the next page.
- You will then be prompted to change your password. The requirements for the new password are also shown.
- After the renewed registration two security questions have to be answered:
They are available in both English and German.
Please be sure to save these security questions. They are needed in case of a password change!
- You will then be redirected to the shared directory.
Here, subdirectories can be created, data can be stored or deleted.
Under the menu item "Account" there is the possibility to change the password. After a change you will receive an info e-mail (without the password). The security questions can also be changed here.
2-factor authentication: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multi-factor_authentication