The Interceptor allows the interception of requests to map services. The response of the map service can thus be adapted in advance by GEONIS specific functionalities and allows for example the input of language dependent lookup values directly on the map service itself. Thus, no detour via the GEONIS Web Adaptor is necessary and the system architecture can be simplified and error-proneness can be reduced.
This manual describes step by step the migration to GEONIS server Interceptor. The procedure is valid for an update of an older installation as well as for the replacement of a current installation. In case of a complete new installation, the procedure may differ in some points.
If not already in use, we recommend to install the ArcGIS Web Adaptor.
- Add GEONIS server Interceptor in ArcGIS Server Manager
- Activate the interceptor for all map services that use lookups and/or rules. Here you can filter for map services with GEONIS Mapservice Connector. To do this, "Capabilities" must be activated in the search options:
For these map services, the GEONIS Mapservice Connector can be deactivated and the GEONIS server Interceptor can be activated.
- After all map services are configured, a cache for these map services must be disabled:
- Copy the tool agsAdmin2.exe from deployment\setup\utilities\agsAdmin to the GIS Server
- Open the command line (if necessary as administrator)
- Switch to the location with the copied tool
- Start script to disable caches with the following call:
agsAdmin2.exe <arcgis_server> <arcgis_server_siteadmin> <admin_password> disablecache
- Update GEONIS server SOE in ArcGIS Server Manager during an update
- Uninstall GEONIS Web Adaptor
- Uninstall GEONIS server UI
- Reinstall GEONIS server UI. The setup will automatically suggest the GEONISserverSOE map service as GEONIS endpoint. This may need to be adjusted if the service is located in a folder.
In WebGIS (WebOffice) all map service URLs have to be adapted. The GEONIS Web Adaptor must not be used as endpoint anymore. This can be done either in WebOffice author or in the project XML's with "Search/Replace".
For some architectures or scenarios it may be necessary to additionally install GEONIS Web Adaptor. Mixed operation is possible without any problems:
If it is unclear which scenario is useful or feasible, VertiGIS Support will be happy to help you.
ArcGIS Server Security
If ArcGIS server security is used to secure map services, problems may occur when calling GEONIS reports with web map(s). To work around this, the GEONIS server UI configuration must be manually extended.
Important: This configuration is supported from GEONIS server 2022 Service Pack 1.
- In web.config under C:\inetpub\wwroot\GEONISserverUI2022 the following lines must be adjusted:
<add key="tokenUrl" value="https://<servername>/arcgis/tokens/generateToken" />
<add key="username" value="arcgis_user" />
<add key="password" value="password123" />
It is important that servername matches the map service URL's in the GEONIS reports.
passwordEncrypted is automatically entered encrypted the first time a report is called and the password in plain text is removed.
- In configWO.js under C:\inetpub\wwroot\GEONISserverUI2022\Report\config line 17 must be adjusted:
All other parameters e.g. portalUrl or serverUrl do not need to be changed. They are not needed and ignored as long as no clientId is entered.
This configuration can also be activated for the other modules (Attribute Editor, Data List, etc.).
If GEONIS server is operated together with ArcGIS Enterprise (Portal for ArcGIS), problems may occur if a user is not logged in. Here the following section of the documentation must be observed:
If GEONIS server and ArcGIS Enterprise with Portal for ArcGIS is already in use, the items in Portal for ArcGIS have been adapted for GEONIS Web Adaptor. This adaptation is no longer necessary and must be changed.