Though the default deployment strategy in VertiGIS Studio Web uses a single environment, it is possible to configure it so that each deployment stage is hosted in a different environment. This means you could have your dev and test environments in Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise and your prod environment in ArcGIS Online, or you could also have your dev environment on one Portal, your test environment on another, and your prod environment on yet another, etc. For more information on the ramifications of a multi-Portal deployment strategy, please see this article.
Steps for Setup
Please see the instructions for setting up deployment across multiple Portals in our documentation.
Important Note: In addition to the instructions in the documentation, you will need to add the originating server's domain to the destination server's list of redirect URIs in the Registered App for VertiGIS Studio Web. You will also need to ensure Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS) is configured correctly. The following outlines how to do so for a dev-prod deployment strategy, but the same applied for dev-test-prod and dev-test-staging-prod.
- Complete up to (but not including) step 6 in the documentation.
- Log in to your prod environment's ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS Enterprise with an Administrator account.
- Click the Content tab and select the registered app you used to configure the VertiGIS Studio Web Post Installer.
- Navigate to the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Application section and click the Registered Info button.
- Under the list of redirect URIs, click the Update button.
- Enter the domain for your dev server in the list of redirect URIs.
- Click Add > Update.
- Click the Organization tab and navigate to Settings.
- In the left pane, select Security.
- Scroll down to the "Allow origins" section.
- If no domains are specified, leave it as is - all domains will be allowed. If at least one domain is specified, add your dev server's domain.
- Complete the remaining steps in the documentation.
If you experience issues with any of the above or would like assistance setting things up, please open a ticket with the VertiGIS Studio support team, here.