The snap settings ensure a topologically correct acquisition. In GEONIS, the snap settings for acquisition are predefined in the solutions. The pre-set snap parameters are the result of VertiGIS professionals' experience and users' feedback, but they may not meet each user's needs. In this case, they can be adjusted:
- By the user during his editing session through the snap settings of the ArcMap table of contents. In this case, the changes made will be overwritten as soon as the user selects another entity to capture.
- Permanent by the administrator. The snap settings are controlled by the XML configuration files "EDP".
More information about snapping in GEONIS can be found here:
It is also possible not to use the GEONIS snap settings:
- Open the GEONIS Administrator
- Navigate to User Settings > Snapping
- Activate the checkbox Use classic snapping