Esri's ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 release contains a variety of updates, enhancements, and bug fixes as noted here in What's new in the ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 portal with notable updates to Map Viewer and functionality and new options for data management.
We are excited to make the official announcement that current and upcoming versions of our software are ArcGIS Enterprise 11.2 compliant. Esri announced the general availability of ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1 on November 9, 2023. We’ve been testing our products with this release over the past several weeks and are confident in compatibility.
The following product releases have been tested for compatibility, including:
- VertiGIS Studio Web 5.27
- VertiGIS Studio Mobile 5.27
- VertiGIS Studio Workflow 5.36
- VertiGIS Studio Reporting 5.21.2
- VertiGIS Studio Printing 5.21.2
- VertiGIS Studio Analytics 1.3
- VertiGIS Studio Access Control 5.6.1
- VertiGIS Inline 2.6
- VertiGIS Studio Item Manager 1.12
- Geocortex Essentials 4.15.1
Upgrade note for pre-11.1 Enterprise Portals that use Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA)
Web Adaptor Extensions [link] are not compatible with ArcGIS 11.1 or 11.2.
Who does this affect? Customers who meet all five of these criteria:
- On premises installation
- VertiGIS Studio Printing, VertiGIS Studio Reporting, VertiGIS Studio Workflow, or Geocortex Essentials products
- Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA) is enabled on the Web Adaptor in IIS
- Anonymous Authentication is disabled on the Web Adaptor in IIS
- Upgrading from a version older than 11.1, and have therefore not transitioned already to the new open-source solution linked below
This is a particular security configuration where we relied on the Web Adaptor Extensions to perform IWA based server-to-server direct communication. The technology behind this pattern shifted from an ASP.NET application to an ASP.NET Core application at ArcGIS Enterprise 11.1
We have published an open-source solution for customers needing a solution to solve the same issue the the previous Web Adaptor Extensions solved. You can find it here: